Thursday 3 November 2016

November Goal

     I find the process of setting a goal for each month really useful .  I may not get my goal done but I do tend to move the project I choose towards completion. In October I managed to get a comfort quilt for my guild's donation program about half finished. I consider that to be a good accomplishment. This month I've been going back and forth. Should  I stick with last months goal or go for a new goal in order to move another quilt towards finishing.  If I choose a new goal it would be Charlotte's quilt as I would like to give it to her when our families get together at Christmas.



Charlotte's Quilt

     But there is something to be said for managing to complete a goal as well.  It's good for the quilting soul.  When I first thought about my goal for this month  I thought it would be too easy to choose the Comfort quilt as it's half quilted and I figured I could get it done in about a week.So I thought I would have plenty of time to get Charlotte's quilt done. Then I realized I had quite a few commitments this month.  We have our comfort quilt bee at our guild all day on November 12th and we have to spend about a day preparing for that.  So my time is more limited than I first thought.

Comfort Quilt

In the end I decided to continue with the comfort quilt and then move onto Charlotte's quilt. If I'm lucky I should have one completed quilt and move another towards completion.

     I'd like to thank Heidi at Red Letter Quilts for hosting One Monthly Goal this year.  She's done a wonderful job of supporting us in our monthly goals.  She has passed the job on to Patty of Elm Street Quilts.  Thank you Patty for taking on the link ups for the rest of 2016 and for 2017.


13 comments:

Tish Stemple said...

The quilting on the Comfort Quilt is looking great. I think you will have it finished in no time and a great start on Charlotte's quilt.

Bernie Kringel said...

I suspect you will finish the comfort quilt and make some progress on
Charlottes. I really like the bright solids backed with white. Very cheerful!

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

great goals Lisa, good luck

Patty said...

I too find setting the goal helps me focus on moving closer to getting it done. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - good luck on finishing the comfort quilt.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Your comfort quilt is certainly comfy colors, like the quilting too.

Pamela said...

Sounds like managable goals. Beautiful quilting!

Little Black Cat Quilting said...

Great goals for this month, can't wait to follow your progress! I go through phases where goal setting helps me out, then other times they make me anxious and feel smothering. I just roll with what feels right when that happens! :)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I can appreciate your thoughtfulness in evaluating the right goal for the month. I look forward to seeing how both projects progress.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Good Luck with your goals Lisa. Your post has made me think, I was doing great earlier this year, setting goals and achieving them, recently I've been all over the place and not achieving any, maybe ai need to go back to just one monthly goal too and stop taking on so much.

Maryse said...

I love that you said: "It's good for the quilting soul." I think this little phrase will stick with me for a long time to come. My new mantra!! :-) Good luck with your goal Lisa!!

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

Both projects are coming along nicely. I agree with you that reaching goals is good for the quilting soul. It's really helped me this year, that's for sure.

Sandra Walker said...

Oh how I love seeing Charlotte's qult again! I think you made a good decision; it's kind of like Charlotte's quilt is the reward for finishing the comfort quilt. :-)

Cheryl said...

I think that is good to have achievable goals, I really like the square meander quilting pattern you are using.