Thursday 18 February 2016

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday

     Hi Everyone!  Welcome to my blog and my first time hosting the link up for TGIFF.  Today I'm happy to share with you my completed Cover for my Quilter's Planner.

       I followed the instructions in the Zippy Cover Tutorial from Amanda at What the Bobbin, but I made a slightly more basic version.  I used Cat Dream by Lizzy House in black for the main fabric in my version.  I love this fabric with it's whimsical cats and plants.



     I picked up some of the colours in the print and added a striped border to the  cover.  I put a pocket on the inside cover with co-ordinating mouse fabric and added a polka dot 
ribbon for a place marker.




     I'm finding my planner to be a useful tool in helping me to organize my quilting and blogging time and I love my new cover.  It's my third finish for quarter one of the 2016 year of lovely finishes.  Here's the original list.  This planner cover is cat approved.



     Now it's your turn.  What  lovely finishes do you have to share today.  Big or small we'd love to see them all.  Link up your blog posts to the link up below...but don't forget the most important part, the visiting.  Visit others in the link up and share the comment love.  Don't forget to share the link to this post on your blog.







23 comments:

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Love the fabrics you chose for your planner cover and thanks for hosting TGIFF for the first time - Chris :D

Iris said...

What a great share for your first hosting!

Izzy said...

Beautiful cover! I love that fabric too. Thank you for hosting TGIFF!

Jayne said...

If your cat approves...so do I! The planner really does help to stay organized and it's a great way to keep track of everything all through the year! Thanks for hosting!!

Leanne Parsons said...

I love the fabrics you chose for your planner, Lisa! The stripes really dress it up. Thanks for hosting this week!

Chantal said...

Congrats on your lovely planner cover AND for hosting TGIFF! I love the fabric you've used and the striped border is a great add. Beautiful! ;^)

Teagan said...

SO cute! I love the colors.

Tish Stemple said...

I love the fabric you chose for your cover. I opted not to put the outside zippered pocket on mine, but am wishing I had now. Good thing it's cat approved...when cats don't approve I start to worry :) Thanks for hosting the party for us today.

Paige said...

Your planner cover is beautiful! I love the fabric and the stripes are the perfect addition! Thank you for hosting the link party!

Ruth said...

The pockets for pencils and pens is a great idea for a notebook cover - must make one!

Celtic Thistle said...

Smart cover, the stripes really set it off!

Newbie Jen said...

Great cover, love the colors.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

The planner cover is very pretty! Wonderful colours and I like the striped you added. Thanks for hosting this week.

-Soma

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Congrats for making your planner cover. It's awesome!!

Anita said...

You're planner is lovely! I made one too! It's a great tutorial isn't it? I enjoyed it. Thank you for hosting TGIFF

Little Black Cat Quilting said...

I love the kitty fabric, and your actual kitty! :) Thanks for hosting TGIFF!

the zen quilter said...

Hi Lisa - I am away from home and can't add a link, but I will check out the other links and hope I get to participate next week...if I finish anything, that is!

Sandra Walker said...

Your cover is great Lisa! And the stamp of cat approval is the cat's meow, LOL. I happen to have that very fabric! Going to grow up into a quilt for a very dear friend.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

The fabric you choose for your cover is awesome! And kitty approved...can't get any better than that. Thank you for hosting.

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Cat approved is very important! Lovely finish.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Your cover looks wonderful! Thank you so much for hosting this week. :)

Cheryl said...

Very cute cover! I like the ribbon page marker. I have a cover for my planner on the list to make.

Stacey @slostudio said...

This is a beautiful cover, I will have to get one of these planners next year! Thank you for participating in the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of all the 2016 hosts!