The colours are a bit off in the photo but you get the general idea. It's my version of the Penny Patch quilt , a quilt along with Rachel of Stitched In Color. I'm going to roll this goal into May and work on finishing the top once again. I'd like to get it done soon as I need the design wall . I'm testing the Grande Scrappy Tiles pattern for Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs . I was thinking at first that I would make a donation quilt out of guild stash, but I went with my own stash instead. I'm thinking we could use the pattern for a group quilt at a later date. Here is the fabric pull. I started out with red's but it's mostly blues now.
This is the first time I'll be testing a pattern and I'm excited to be doing that.
It's been a really busy month with extra projects at work and I've had a virus that has zapped my energy and brainpower for a couple of weeks. I've made some really interesting quilting errors due to brain fog. Have you ever tried putting binding together when most of the pieces are cut at 2 1/4" and one piece is cut at 2 1/2".
My local guild is having a quilt show this weekend, so much of my sewing time has been spent on sewing the labels and hanging sleeves on my two entries, but I have spent a little bit of time at my sewing machine. I made this little log cabin block as part of a group baby quilt. It's with Canada Post now on route to join other similar blocks. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.
I'm joining Lorna at the Let's Bee Social linkup at Sew Fresh Quilts and with Shana at Fibre of All Sorts for the May goal setting Linky Party.