Saturday 29 November 2014

I've got a Sunday Finish

          I am delighted to share that I have a Sunday Finish.  It was actually finished on Friday night but by the time it was done it was in the midst of winter dark and difficult to photograph.  So instead I'm sharing it with my Slow Stitching Sunday Friends.

     It's hanging on the clothesline in my backyard.  I'm pleased with the photo because it shows how luminous the Japanese fabrics are.  I love the fabrics in this quilt.  


     There were several challenges with making this quilt.  The first one was finding a backing fabric.  Japanese fabric is very expensive so I didn't want to back it with that but it was very hard to find a fabric that would blend well with it.  We finally found this fabric in the sale section of Sew Jax....bonus.  I'm not crazy about it as a fabric but it works really well to back this quilt.  The binding fabric was hanging around in my stash.   You can see some of the quilting in the photo below.  



     I'm not sure if I'll get any hand work done today maybe I'll put a few stitches in a shawl I am knitting, very slowly.  I did put in a lot of hand stitches this last week on the binding. 
This is my second finish for the 3rd quarter finish along over at the Littlest Thistle.  You can see my wish list here.  I'll be lucky if I manage to finish another.  It's also my November goalfor a Year of Lovely finishes, so I'm joining the linky party over at Fiber of all Sorts and I'm also posting with the Slow Sunday Stitchers over at Kathy's blog.




9 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Very nice! So fun to see it hanging on the line! I will have a finish to share shortly too!

Deb A said...

Great job and Congrats! It is a lovely finished quilt.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Oh it is just beautiful...congrats on a great finish! :)

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I think your backing fabric is great! I love Japanese fabrics--this is such a pretty quilt!

Cathy said...

Oh, how pretty! When you say "Japanese fabrics" do you mean kimono fabrics? or fabrics made in Japan? or what?

Lisa J. said...

The fabrics are made in Japan. They are woven cottons in traditional rustic designs. Many of them are textured. They are called dobbies and taupes. I got them from Kallisti Quilts which is located in a town near my town, but you can check them out on line here http://www.kallistiquilts.com/

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go Lisa! It's a fantastic finish... you must be so tickled!

Lisa J. said...

Thanks Kathy. I am very happy to have a finish.

Katy Cameron said...

Congrats on your finishes!